Junius Heights is Dallas' largest historic district with more than 800 homes in Old East Dallas. This neighborhood is situated east of Munger Boulevard, south of Swiss Avenue and southwest of Lakewood, bounded by Gaston on the NW, Paulus on the NE, Reiger on the SE, and Henderson on the SW. Most of the houses are Craftsman and Prairie style bungalows with a smattering of other styles. East Dallas landmarks within walking distance to Junius Heights are Lakewood Theater and Lakewood Shopping Center.
Munger Place was established in 1905 by Robert Munger as one of Dallas's first suburbs, and was originally intended to be one of the most exclusive communities in the city. Munger Place became the very first deed-restricted neighborhood in Texas. By the 1960s many of the nicer houses in the area had been torn down or condemned. Starting in the 1970s, however, Munger Place began to be rediscovered, as enterprising individuals recognized the historic architecture and large spaces behind the neighborhood's veneer. The Munger Place Historic District is now recognized by the United States National Register of Historic Places. It is one of the largest collections of Prairie-style homes in America. Each year the neighborhood holds a home tour and art festival that attracts fans of historic architecture and independent artists.
Properties marked by the NTREIS Logo are courtesy of the NTREIS Multiple Listing Service. Property listing data provided by NTREIS multiple listing service. You may not reproduce or redistribute this data, it is for viewing purposes only. This data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS or NTREIS.
Updated: 22nd March, 2019 6:20 AM.